1) There are Hundreds of Waterfalls near Asheville
Waterfalls have always captivated the human conscious. Many of the east coast's great rivers begin from springs in the Appalachian Mountains. There are hundreds of waterfalls to visit in the Asheville area, but some of the more famous falls include:
- Sliding Rock: A short drive from Asheville, you may take the opportunity to slide down this waterfall into a mountain pool.
- Turtleback Falls: Like Sliding Rock, you can slide down Turtleback into a swimming hole.
- Rainbow Falls: This wispy fall is visible on the hike to Turtleback Falls.
- Looking Glass Falls: Take the opportunity to wade through the cool water to go behind the falls at Looking Glass.
- Crabtree Falls: This large waterfall is a short hike from the Blue Ridge Parkway, about an hour from Asheville.
- Linville Falls: One of the most famous waterfall systems in North Carolina, the Linville Ffalls hiking loop includes views of Linville Gorge.
2) There Are More Hiking Trails than You Can Imagine
From short, easy loops, to multi-day hiking adventures, there are enough hiking trails to keep one busy for a lifetime. You can find spectacular views and hiking history on the nearby Appalachin trail, traverse to the top of the highest mountain east of the Mississippi, or take a leisurely stroll around one of our many beautiful lakes.
3) There are Mighty Rivers and Quiet Creeks
The French Broad, Swannanoa, Ivy, and Nantahala rivers all run near or through western and southwestern North Carolina. People flock to Asheville to enjoy a day of tubing or kayaking in one of our many rivers or creeks. Though we are not necessarily known for fishing, fly fisherman travel from all over the country to enjoy our waterways.
4) There are Incredible Colors on the Blue Ridge Parkway
The Blue Ridge Parkway is one of the most iconic roadways east of the Mississippi. From spring through autumn, the Parkway features all of the Asheville area's most impressive color displays. If you are recovering from cognitive conditions, Asheville is a great place to enjoy natural wonders. If you have questions regarding how you can begin to employ some of our therapeutic services, give us a call.