Migraine Therapy Asheville NC
Migraines Asheville, North Carolina
Fairly common among adults in the United States and throughout the world, migraines are severe, painful, often pulsating headaches affecting half of a sufferers head. Migraines are often accompanied by sensitivities to light and smell, nausea, and vomiting. A migraine can last as long as 72 hours and is usually worsened by physical activity. In our practice in Asheville, NC, we have found that Neurofeedback therapy has been effective in helping treat migraine sufferers.
Migraines and migraine sufferers are more common than one might think. According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most common illness in the world. Furthermore:
- Nearly 12% of Americans suffer from migraines. 30 million people.
- Migraines affect nearly 18% of American women, compared to 6% of men.
- One in four women will experience a migraine at some point in their lives.
- Four million Americans experienced migraines 15 times per month.
- If one parent experiences migraines, his or her children are 50% more likely to experience migraines
Symptoms and Signs of Migraine Headaches
Migraines are often preceded by warning signs, including:
- Increases in depression symptoms, irritability, or unusual excitement
- Several nights of restless sleep
- Periods of heightened fatigue
- Auras: perception of light as flickering, having unnatural lines, or pulsing (often unaccompanied by pain)
- Unusual pain in the eyes or neck
Migraines are usually accompanied by periods of nausea, vomiting, throbbing pain, numbness and tingling in your fingertips, and difficulty speaking. Suffers find it difficult or impossible to perform routine, daily tasks during the course of a migraine. If you are in the Asheville area, we would love to talk to you about treatment options and neurofeedback therapy, so you can work toward winning the battle over migraines.