Depression Treatment Asheville, NC
Depression may be described as feeling sad, blue, unhappy, miserable, or down in the dumps. Most of us feel this way at one time or another for short periods. True clinical depression is a mood disorder in which feelings of sadness, loss, anger, or frustration interfere with everyday life for weeks or longer.
Depression Asheville, NC
If you or your loved one has experienced depressed feelings or behavior for a while, it could be indicative of clinical depression that requires remedies. Sings of clinical depression include:
- Lack of energy
- Trouble sleeping
- Feeling blue
- Substance abuse
- Eating disorders
- Suicidal thoughts
- Poor school or work performance
There are numerous different types of depression, each with its own set of challenges for sufferers. Types of depression include:
- Major Depressive Disorder: Depressed symptoms lasting for at least two weeks.
- Persistent Depression Disorder (Dysthymia): Depressed symptoms lasting even longer than two weeks, chronic depression.
- Bipolar Depression: Often inherited, bipolar disorder results in mood cycles with extreme highs and lows.
- Postpartum Depression: The “baby blues” involving feelings of sadness and loneliness in women after giving birth.
If you or a loved one experience sings of any of these types of depression or otherwise, please seek help from a licensed medical professional.
Neurofeedback Treatment for Depression in Asheville, NC
Our practice in Asheville, NC has seen great success treating depression using neurofeedback. If you want to start the process of getting better, give us a call. We are here to help. For more information about neurofeedback and our practice, follow this link.
In our Asheville practice, Dr. Cindy Buff utilizes neurofeedback to effectively treat depression, PTSD, eating disorders, and substance abuse.